THE COUNTDOWN TO THE 2019 CROSSFIT OPEN BEGINS
We’re now less than a month away from the start of the 2019 CrossFit Open! 2018 was a big year for the gym, and we want to keep the good vibes rolling in 2019. That’s why we’re aiming to have 100 members register for the Open this year! Rory McKernan explains what the Open is in this video from last year, but here are 5 really good reasons why you should participate:
1. As in years past, there will be both Rx’d and Scaled versions of each workout. So don’t fret if you don’t have those Pull-Ups or Muscle-Ups or What-Have-Yous yet.
2. We’ll be running an Intramural Team Competition this year! This competition aims to promote a healthy community rivalry and provide motivation for all Open competitors to perform their best each week.
3. FRIDAY. NIGHT. LIGHTS. Each Open Intramural team will send a male and a female competitor to this super-fun throw down that we’ll host all 5 weeks of the Open.
4. Competition is fun and good for you, even if you’re not the competitive type! Read a recent blog from Coach Travis about competing HERE
5. The Open best expresses the fundamentally democratic spirit of CrossFit. It’s easy to forget about that when you watch incredible athletes doing incredible things in the Games. But in the Open, everyone has a chance to prove something to themselves, and at Sentry, we’re lucky to be able to do that in an environment in which your fellow athletes will cheer you on, whether you’re a veteran, a rookie, or somewhere in between. If you’re thinking about doing it, do it!
A) 3 sets of:
Push Pressx 6-8 reps
Weights are 60-65-70% each round. Go for an AMRAP on the finale if you’re feeling good
B) For Time:
10 Strict pull-ups
30 Air squats
Row 2,000 meters
15 Strict pull-ups
45 Air squats
Row 1,000 meters
20 Strict pull-ups
60 Air squats
Row 500 meters
*30 minute time cap
Row can be subbed with an equivalent run or ski. If your on a bike then double the meters Row conservative and you’ll be able to clean house on the gymnastics; Reference CrossFit.com Jan 17, 2019 to compare results